Our Program is Worlds-Ahead in curriculum, academic community, quality of faculty and doctoral graduates, and in nationally-funded research centers:
- The program is rigorous and intensive: Full-time coursework is for only one year and the program is designed to help students graduate in a little over 4 years;
- Students learn advanced research and statistical methods and culturally-relevant research methods. Classes are small and students work closely with faculty who mentor them in their areas of interest;
- We have a vibrant intellectual community with ongoing colloquia and conferences with nationally-known speakers;
- Our award-winning Doctoral Faculty are experts in their respective areas of research, who have compiled an outstanding record of scholarship, ranking 4th in the nation in a recent Academic Analytics survey. Faculty members have generated over $35 million in research funding during the past decade and are thus uniquely qualified for mentoring students in advanced research methods and evidence-supported practices with diverse persons;
- The faculty's notable strengths are in substance abuse, immigrant and minority social problems and health disparities, child welfare, HIV/AIDS, mental health, aging, and evidence-based group work.